Friday, November 30, 2012

Pumpkin Ginger Blossoms

This is a little late in the season (since you can't even FIND Pumpkin Spice Kisses anymore) but I thought I'd give a try to this blogging thing.

My first offer to the internet baking gods is a super easy creation I developed from my love of the Peanut Butter Blossom cookies and all the inspiration Pinterest gives me. I realized that the Blossom cookie is just a templet for ANY cookie with a Hershey Kiss on it. I mean you can take ANY Kiss, pair it with ANY cookie and you get a _____ Blossom.

I love new things, different things. Don't give me plain old regular anything! Throw in everything but the kitchen sink! New flavors of old standards are great! Pumpkin Spice Kisses??? GENIUS! They taste smooth, creamy and cinnamon-y as pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving.

For this cookie I took regular store bought Gingerbread Cookie mix, fixed as directed for Gingersnaps. I formed the dough into little balls but did NOT mash them down before cooking. As soon as they were out of the oven I pressed an unwrapped Pumpkin Kiss on top.

They were even better than I imagined (and I had a pretty explicit imagination on this). Chewy and creamy. We crammed several into our mouths that very night and had few left over.

But this proved my very scientific theory; any Kiss + any cookie = YUM.

Keep this in mind this Christmas when you can buy Cherry Cordial and Mint Kisses and plop those babies on top of some chocoalte cookies or any combination you can dream up!


No comments:

Post a Comment